Monday, December 5, 2011

Paying for more Raindrops?

Clyde has been complaining about some pain in the neck, no not me this time, but an actual pain in his neck.  Among the many new friends we've made here in Panama we met a couple that practice a naturalistic type of medicine.  This type of natural medicine is faith based and includes the use of essential oils with massage and frequency therapy.  The rest of this blog today was done by Clyde is his own words since I was not there when he had the treatment.

When we first met this couple and heard about their passion for natural healing I was intrigued and wondered how it all worked.  Since I had this neck pain for a while now, I decided to see what they could do for me.  They suggested an "essential oil treatment" with massage for a cost of $30.  An appointment was made for today at 1pm, at which time I showed up with an open mind and willingness to receive healing. 

The actual therapy technique that they used is called "The Raindrop Technique."  Raindrop Technique is a sequence of anointing oils and laying on of hands that brings structural and electrical alignment to the body, in a relaxing and invigorating manner through the power of essential oils.  An essential oil is a concentrated plant extract that carries a distinctive scent, or essence of the plant.  Essential oils do not form a distinctive category for any medical, pharmacological, or culinary purpose.

I was asked to remove my shirt and shoes and lay down on the massage table.  The treatment first started with some very light pressure manipulation on my feet to work the pressure points.  (I must add here that I was able to do this even though I am VERY ticklish!)  At this point, both of the therapists layed hands on me one at my feet and the other at my shoulders in order to maximize the electrical flow thru my body.

After the gentle relaxing foot massage, I was told to roll over for the oil treatment.  I'm not sure how many oils were applied, but I think that there were probably seven or eight.  Some of the oils that were used include:  Oregano, Thyme, Basil,Winter Green, Cyprus and Peppermint.  Each oil was dripped onto my back and then slowly spread out and massaged into my spinal area in order to allow it to absorb.  My neck was gently massaged too.  After all of the oils were applied, I was given a very simple gentle massage along the spinal cord.

Finally, once the massage was complete a warm compress was placed on my back and I relaxed for about ten minutes.  The total treatment took about an hour and left me feeling relaxed and wonderful.

Following the treatment I did feel less pain in my neck, not to mention smelling nice!  It was suggested that I should not shower until tomorrow morning in order to let the oils continue to absorb into my body.  The health practitioner told me that over time, I would continue to feel better and improve.

Of course after the treatment I had to get on the internet and do some more research. What I found was very interesting and made perfect sense to me.  Modern medicine doesn't have all the answers so why not be open to new types of therapy and natural healing. 

It's been nine hours since his treatment and he still smells from the combination of oils.  One of the first things these gringos will be doing in the morning is washing the sheets to get the smell out.  Then we're off to find new crazy adventures.... along the gringo trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life In Portugal....At A Snails Pace....

Yesterday was just another day in Portugal when my dear husband Clyde said he was going to run to the pharmacy for a few things. Time passed...