Friday, April 21, 2017

Kissing The Blarney Stone At Blarney Castle Ireland


Kissing The Blarney Stone At Blarney Castle Ireland

For much of my life I would hear people joke about, “having the gift of gab,” “kissing the Blarney Stone,” and I always wondered was this a REAL thing? Surely never, never in a million years did I think that this regular gal from Jersey would be in The Emerald Isle, at Blarney Castle doing just that.

As we prepared to visit Ireland one must-do-thing on my list was to visit Blarney Castle, home of the famous stone. Today was the day when we made our way to the tiny little town for the memorable deed.

Blarney Castle


First, we had to walk through the lovely grounds of the castle and make our way inside. Next, we had to climb up over 100 steep, uneven, crooked spiraling stairs to get to the room with the stone in it. Then we would need to lay face up on the ground on a mat, reach over our heads to grab onto two steel bars and hang head first over an open ravine being held by the attendant.

Blarney Stone right in the middle
 The umbrella is the camera


Being the germ-a-phobe that I am and since I noticed a bottle of sanitizer sitting nearby, I asked the attendant if he would please sanitize the stone before I kissed it. Just imagine how many germs are on that thing! He obliged and suggested I wait a few seconds for the stone to dry before giving it a smackeroo.

cleaning the stone for Terry


Then I lay back, pulled myself outward and dropped my head down to kiss the wall. After sitting up the man said, “you didn’t get it.” “What? I missed the stone?” So back down I went and pulled myself even lower to catch the very end of the rock which was the famous stone. Being short and kissing the Blarney stone is not too easy, but doable!




The Blarney House


waterfall


Next it was Clyde’s turn and being tall he had no problems reaching the correct kissing spot. So there you have it, another thing checked off the bucket list as we kissed the Blarney Stone to receive the gift of gab and eloquent speech here in Ireland…..along the gringo trail.

Terry and Clyde are able to "Travel The World House Sitting"  and so can you!  We have created a website to help people who want to learn about house sitting.    Information for both the prospective house sitter and for someone who needs a house sitter.

The New Website                          -->  CLICK HERE

How to Get Your First House Sit -->  CLICK HERE

How to find a house sitter          ---->  CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life In Portugal....At A Snails Pace....

Yesterday was just another day in Portugal when my dear husband Clyde said he was going to run to the pharmacy for a few things. Time passed...